Everyone that had the privilege of knowing Caileigh, knows that she loved unifying people, encouraging others, standing up for justice, sharing a smile and spreading kindness. Her tragic, unexpected death at 17 during her senior year at Woodland Hills High School has created a community movement to remember and honor her goodness.
The Caileigh Lynn McDowell Foundation Scholarship honors a Woodland Hills High School seniors that exemplifies the ability to find common ground with their classmates.
This individual is inclusive, has a generous spirit and is always kind. Just like Caileigh.
- Have participated in team & community building through athletics, clubs, and volunteer activities.
- Is a person of honesty and integrity.
- Shows enthusiasm and school spirit toward the school and classmates.
- Supports other students through friendship, kindness, inclusion and compassion.
- Courageous in their ability to stand up for beliefs, others and issues.
- Must be a graduating senior.
Nominees may be nominated by other students, faculty or administration. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Please download the application and send us a paragraph outlining the candidate’s qualities that are aligned to the Foundation requirements. Include student activities, GPA, examples of kindness, school spirit and inclusive behavior. The Selection Committee will review all nominations for determination of final recipient(s).
Question may be sent to email@example.com
Bernice Kapadjiba, Lock Haven University
Lilly Adams, Penn State
Allie Mroczkowski, La Roche College
AJ Prestogeorge, University of Pittsburgh
Jenna Joseph, Clarion University
Kyle Fogarty, Michigan State University
Trinity Cioppa, Slippery Rock University
Meghan Reichert, Temple University